Today I would like to tell you a little about Bluebirds as it is time to watch for them to come looking for a good nesting box. I have a pair that has come back almost every year for awhile. They like the older nesting boxes that are out in the open away from bushes or trees. A few years ago a man made me some nice new bluebird houses. My old ones were getting pretty old so I bought four new ones from this man. Well, I could not figure out how to get them to hang on the posts like my husband had put the others so what could I do? I hate to bother my kids with trivial stuff like that so what could I do by myself??? Well... ".Gorilla Glue" just flew into my thoughts. There are large wooden posts to support the corners of the fence that surrounds the back yard so I thought "I will just put a little Gorilla Glue on the top part of the round wooden posts and put my new birdhouses on there". So...that is what I did. That looked pretty good so I went back up the hill to the house. About a half an hour later I went back down to the woods and my birdhouses kind of looked a little crooked and they were, you must NEVER use Gorilla Glue outside on a really windy day. They had slid as the glue was working and of course the glue had swollen and ran down the top of the posts also but the birds did not mind so it was all right.
Bluebirds are really beautiful and like to eat Grub Worms and TSC has some Bluebird Food you can buy.
There is also a Bluebird Festival in Greenville about this time of the year every year at the Fairgrounds. You can look that up on the internet.
Hope you see a bluebird this year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment