Another snowy day. What should I do today? Cook? Clean? Sew? Paint? Catch up on recording information? Well, so far none of that is very interesting so will just write a little on my blog. What do you think the groundhog is doing? I think he must be very embarrassed and probably went back in his hole to sleep for a few more weeks. Well, actually we have two more weeks to find out if his prediction was good or not and we could actually have nice weather in two weeks. March is always full of all kinds of weather surprises. We have had numerous birthday parties in March for one of my daughter's. One time we had so much mud, and one time we had a weiner roast and it was not too chilly. We will just have to wait and see.
While we are waiting, remember, it is time for the bluebirds to come back. I hope you have bludbirds, they are very pretty and usually come back in early spring. I have a pair that comes every year and stay in about the oldest bluebird box that is out there. Each year I watch and watch to see the baby birds when they take them out but sometimes the raccoons climb up the posts and get them or they take them out and have not got to see baby bluebirds yet. This is country with a woods behind the house and yard so raccoons, deer, turkeys, squirrels, rabbits, and sometimes even a cuyote shows up in the back yard.
There is also a big black cat who likes to come to visit, he shows up at the basement slider and I think he scares my cat because she has started meowing really loud down in the basement and then ran as fast as she could up the stairs and hid still meowing in the bedroom. Smokey, my cat, came to me when she was just a little kitten and has never been allowed to go outdoors so maybe she does not know what a cat is.
Well, time to see what this day will bring, there are so many things to fill up the hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment